What’s Monica been doing?
- Legislation filed: 193RD GENERAL COURT (2023-24)
S873 / H2334 An Act for supportive care for serious mental illness
Sponsors: Sen Cronin, Rep Decker
Requires health insurers to cover Coordinated Specialty Care and Assertive Community Treatment as a benefit reducing the overall cost burden on insurers, while having a much better outcome for the individual, addressing barriers to accessing care
- Oct 31, 2022: Poster session on 988 for the MAPNET-Step conference and Nov 1 presentation (recording) on funding opportunities for CSC
- Oct 25, 2022: Somerville Police & COHR presented their video. Monica participated on the panel to discuss the opportunities with 988
- Sept 19, 2022: Check out Monica’s discussion with the Mayor of Cambridge (MA) “What is 988 and Who Should Use It?” (passcode: 7=BD@&4B)
- April 5, 2022: Emcee of a robust deep dive into 988 for the NAMI Mass Advocacy Day (recording) including interviews with stakeholders like Tom Insel (former head of NIMH) and Danna Mauch (CEO and President of MAMH) as well as member of the Cambridge Heart Community.